January 10, 2020
January 15, 2020
March 2, 2020
May 29, 2020
May 29, 2020
OURI Undergraduate Researchers of the Year Award
The Office of Undergraduate Research and Inquiry (OURI) invite nominations for the Annual Undergraduate Researcher of the Year
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Nomination Deadline: First Friday in February
Eligibility. Students must:
- have participated in at least two semesters of documented faculty-mentored undergraduate research and inquiry at FAU within the past calendar year
- be an actively enrolled student at FAU during the semester the awards are given (Spring) (Note: all research in the previous calendar year [January-December] must have been conducted as an undergraduate)
- be in good academic standing at FAU
- agree to present an oral presentation at the annual spring Undergraduate Research Symposium
Applications and Review Process
- All applications should be completed on FluidReview by the first Friday in February
- Applications must be complete to be considered (see application guidelines). Self-nominations are encouraged.
- A committee consisting of faculty, staff, and students will select three student nominees from each college and forward them to the college deans for final selection.
- College deans will be asked to select students for these awards based on student involvement in research, inquiry, or scholarly activities and submit the college awardee to OURI.
- Selected Undergraduate Researchers of the Year will be recognized at the annual Honors Convocation in April.
TimelineFirst Friday in February Nominations and Applications due
Mid-February Names and applications of three nominees will be sent to college deans for selection
Early March Names of final college awardees due to OURI from deans
April TBD Announcement of Undergraduate Researchers of the Year at Honors Convocation
A complete application should include:
- Completed Online Nomination Form
- Current resume or curriculum vitae of the student (Maximum 5 pages) including the following if applicable:
- Evidences of all undergraduate research and inquiry participation
- Evidences of research achievements. This could include presentations, exhibitions, publications, competitions, awarded grants etc.
- A letter of support from faculty research mentor.
The evaluation is based on the quality and quantity of research conducted by the FAU student